Friday, November 20, 2009

Toronto, Pamela & Jason's Wedding and Pizza Rustica





Oh my!  First blog since returning from Toronto for Jason and Pamela's wedding.  What fun we had visiting with all the family!  We arrived in waves from California...first Benjamin, then Mom, next to arrive was Mark, Andrew and me and finally Scott and Ileana.  We descended upon Pizza Rustica on a daily basis to eat up the delicious pizzas, salads and pasta's.  I already miss the rosemary & potato pizza.  I'll need to get that recipe from the cuz! 

The highlight of the trip was attending Jason and Pamela's wedding!  What an amazing, wonderful time!  Everything was perfect and the bride was beautiful!



Even the wedding favors were cool and I knew we'd put them to good use at our house.  One bottle is filled with balsamic vinegar (Andrew's favorite condiment) and the other bottle is filled with a garlic-chili oil that I whipped up.  The garlic-chili oil makes a great topping for pizza and pasta.  I also use it to saute shrimp.




Ingredients:
1 cup of olive oil
1 tsp chili flakes (or more to taste)
2 garlic cloves, smashed

The method:
Add all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over low heat until garlic cloves are slightly brown, approximately 10-15 minutes.  Remove garlic cloves before bottling.

No comments:

Post a Comment