Thursday, September 23, 2010

Because it's Fall and I'm heading to the Windy City...

Because it's that time of year when soup, chili, and stews are necessary...

Because I am heading to Chicago for a week and will not be cooking or posting...

Because I want to see how many comments I can get...(muhahahahaha ---evil laugh)

I will be giving away this Le Creuset 6 quart enamel-on-steel stock pot to a random commenter.  Andrew will pick the winner. You can pick the color.

What do you need to do? 

Just post a comment by Sunday, September 26th and let me know what you'll be cooking now that Autumn is upon us.

I'll announce the winner next Friday, October 1st, when I return from the Windy City. 

4 comments:

  1. I just want to take a quick moment to thank you for "Bubble & Squeak". I love to cook (which came about because my family loves to eat) and I vary my menus, but sometimes it's hard to come up with new ideas. Your blog has been a real inspiration! I have tried some of your recipes and look forward to checking in now and again to see what's new. Now that Fall is here my cooking tends to change once again. Less grilled meats and more slow-cooked meals. Meatballs, slow-cooked tomato sauces, roasted vegetables, eggplant parmigiana, roasted meats and other wonderful dishes that fill my home with the welcoming smell of something delicious and eagerly awaited are now on the menu. Keep up the wonderful recipes Kelli! I congratulate you on a job well done and look forward to what you will be tempting us with next!!! Thanks! :)
    - Kathy (katcap@sympatico.ca)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooler weather to me means warmer desserts, hot chocolate, and great SOUPS! I plan on making a cabbage soup that I tried for the first time last winter and loved. The only thing this vegetable stew needed still was ham. So I'll be adding that to the cabbage, carrots, onion, green beans, cannelloni beans, chicken broth, and crushed tomatoes. The recipe calls for an envelope of Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing and Recipe mix, but can you think of seasonings to use in place of that?

    Love your blog!!! Keep 'em coming. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does not involve a stock pot, but I will be making pickled cucumbers as we get closer to the holidays. My family loves them at get-togethers. This is my sister's recipe.

    7C thinly sliced cucumbers
    1C diced onion
    1C diced green pepper
    2C sugar
    1C vinegar
    1T salt
    1T celery seeds

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love pickles of all kinds. Thanks for shsring the recipe your family loves!

    ReplyDelete