Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Orange Sherbet (to die for)


Put together a bag of the best oranges I've ever tasted and a recipe from Alton Brown, which I got from here, and you have the best orange sherbet ever!  Tastes nothing like the orange food colored sherbet from the grocery store.  I've only had my ice cream maker for a few months so not as savvy with recipe creation as I should be, hence the help from Alton Brown.  I still have lots of oranges left so if you have a good recipe to share send it my way!

Ingredients:
7 oz. of sugar ( I used 6oz because the oranges were very sweet)
1 1/2 tbs orange zest
2 cups fresh orange juice
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c whole milk

The method:
Combine the sugar and zest in a blender.  Blend for 15 seconds.  Add remaining ingredients, except for the milk.  Blend for 1 minute.  Add the milk and stir to combine.  Place mixture in a pitcher and chill until very cold.  Follow your ice cream instructions.  For soft serve, eat immediately or store in food container and freeze until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment