Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tri-Tip (Bubble)


Tri-Tip has been a family favorite for years.  When I met my husband, who is from Missouri he had never heard of this cut of beef.  We were going on trip back to visit his family and I was going to do Tri-Tip for dinner one night.  Sure enough, Google and Wiki, informed me this cut of beef is a Western United States cut and originated in California.  I've taken Tri-Tip with me to family BBQs, packed in a cooler and checked onto the plane to Missouri and Colorado.  It's a big hit everytime!  I season the meat with Pappy's Choice Seasoning, which is also from California and getting hard to find so now I order it from here.

Ingredients:
2 Tri-Tips
Pappy's Choice Seasoning (or Grill Steak Seasoning)
Freshly ground pepper

The method:
Take meat out of fridge about 30 minutes before grilling.
Prepare BBQ or Grill with one side hot and one side cool
Season meat generously with Pappy's and Pepper.  Rub seasonings into the meat.
Place meat over the hot side of the grill, cover and cook until well browned, about 10-15 minutes. Repeat with other side.
When both sides are browned move the meat over to the cool side of the grill and cover. Cook for 20-30 minutes and when meat thermometer registers medium rare move the meat to a platter. Tent with foil and allow to rest for at least 15 minutes.
Slice thinly against the grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment