Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kind of Caprese Panini (Squeak)

I call this Kind of Caprese Panini because when I told my husband about this recipe he informed me that he thinks fresh mozzarella is funky. He actually compared mozzarella to another food he despises, raisins! Can you imagine not liking fresh mozzarella? I can't. So rather than thinking up something else to do with the leftover Crunchy Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce from my post on Tuesday, August 18th I swapped out the mozzarella with provolone. Sometimes you have to compromise in a marriage! By the way, the provolone was fantastic! Don't tell my husband!

Ingredients:
Loaf of french bread, sliced
1/4 c mayonnaise
3 tbs chopped basil
2 tomatoes (I used red & yellow heirlooms), sliced
provolone cheese
leftover crunchy chicken
The method:
Preheat grill pan or skillet.
Mix mayo & basil.
Spread basil mayo on both slices of bread for each sandwich.
Layer chicken, tomatoes and provolone on each sandwich.
Place onto grill pan and cover with a foil wrapped brick, cast iron pan or a regular skillet with cans to add weight.
Cook until golden on first side, Flip over and cook until golden on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment